Heads & Hunters is looking for an Account Director (NL) for Ogilvy Social.Lab!
Who is Ogilvy social.Lab?
Ogilvy Social.Lab is not a traditional agency. We are an agency born for the Social Age. Ogilvy Social.Lab understands that social is more than just another digital channel. We cherish our entrepreneurial spirit and embrace the opportunity to rethink marketing and communications while challenging the status quo.
We are working for several local and international clients incl. Deutsche Bank, IKEA, Actiris, Ford, Engie, several European institutions, Nestlé, Pfizer, Unilever, Vans, OffWhite, etc.
Social.Lab was acquired by Ogilvy in 2013, is headquartered in Brussels and has offices in New York, London, Paris, Amsterdam, Bucharest, Singapore, Dubai, Cape Town, Warsaw, and Zurich.
We are growing fast and we love it. We know that our success is a direct result of our talents. That’s one of the reasons why during the Agency of the Year Awards of Media Marketing, we were elected as the Best Place to Work in Belgium in 2020!
What are the responsibilities of the Account Director?
Are you ready to lead our work for some our loved and established regional brands? Do you want to manage a truly wonderful and enthusiastic Account team of Account Managers and Executives? Do you have an excellent Dutch & English command? Do you enjoy getting the best out of the creative and strategic department? Are you experienced in direct marketing and social media content, but also know how manage ATL and activation campaigns?
Yes, yes, yes and yes… well, then don’t hesitate to apply now.
- Is ultimately responsible for the smooth running of the account – operationally, creatively, financially – and is answerable on these points to the clients and to the Chief Client Officer and Chief Operational Officer.
- As the senior point of contact for an agency’s customers, the Account Director also co-ordinates the resources needed to service projects, builds strategic operational plans and balances the expectations of clients with the execution of creative work.
- Builds strong and enduring relationships with clients. Also has a deep understanding of the clients’ business and of the key broader factors and trends shaping their markets and categories. The brand positioning, competitive context and targets, digital ecosystem, social media objectives. Leverages this knowledge to grow our assignments & revenue.
- Brings creative work to a next level and explore extra revenue streams within the social media remit.
- In tandem with the strategic department, develops the most insightful strategies and sharpest creative briefs possible.
- Is the creative department’s most senior contact on a day-to-day basis thanks to a Full awareness of creative processes and techniques – including digital platforms and as such can add value to briefs, can judge work and can present it to clients convincingly.
- Creates the best possible environment in which to produce the best possible work.
- Delegates effectively and appropriately – upwards to the agency management as well downwards to his/her reports and to other departments.
- Builds the respect, loyal commitment, and performance of his/her team members.
- Has a keen attention to detail and budgetary restraints.
- Overall, this is an office-based role, and you will spend time in meetings and briefings, as well as remaining in close contact with key clients. Occasional travel is usually required for client visits, new business presentations, planning and brief taking. Although your commitment will tend to be standard office hours, deadlines or the demands of a client may see you working early or late to ensure continued success.
Our ideal candidate?
- 5+ years of experience – deep expertise in digital & direct marketing incl. activations, broad experience in ATL and adaptations of global campaigns.
- Very good English and Dutch command. French is a nice to have
- Comfortable in growing senior client relationships and business.
- Skillful project management – expert in scoping and delivering project on time and on budget.
- Proven experience in managing team members.
- Enthusiastic team-player. Curious and keen to grow & learn. Flexible and open to work in an agile environment. Hands-on.
What does Ogilvy Socia.Lab offer?
Fulltime job within a growing and trendsetting advertising agency in the center Brussels (in front Brussels Central)
Big local, regional and global clients
Attractive package and benefits
Career conversation and growing opportunities
Very good work atmosphere