Our client, active in the Media sector, is developing a new in-house content studio will tell the unique and exciting stories of our partners and help brands elevate their stories to break through to our influential audience.
They are looking for an ambitious and passionate Director for Creative Strategy & Development with significant multi-media advertising experience, and in-depth knowledge of digital marketing to strategize and execute custom content solutions for our advertisers.
The ideal Director for Creative Strategy & Development will have strong editorial skills, balanced with a deep understanding of communications and advertising. You will leverage expertise on issue advocacy, CSR and reputational branding for advertisers and demonstrate insider knowledge of the Brussels and similar key markets to help craft a client’s story for our readers.
As Director for Creative Strategy & Development you are:
- A leader & strategic thinker: you have a clear vision and can articulate it with logic, credibility, and command to achieve partnerships with clients, contributing writers and team members
- A storyteller: you have the mentality of a reporter who can take an idea and craft it into a story with the best angle, and have the research skills to support it while also balancing the client’s objectives
- A passion for policy: you have a strong passion for the nexus of policy, power, and politics and connecting the dots between a client and their messaging
Roles & Responsibilities:
– You will play a key role in helping to achieve our clients’ business goals through producing engaging and considered creative campaigns. Understand the client’s business, requirements and challenges to develop strategies that enable them to break through to key audiences
– Lead and empower the in-house content studio team to develop clever and innovative solutions for our client’s campaigns and thought leadership articles
– Develop editorial and content strategies for native advertising campaigns, merging a client’s brand messaging with the needs, habits, and desires of client’s audience
– Confidently explain your strategic thinking and present final work in an inspiring way, to clients, and in a new business pitch environment
– Dive deep into research to map out audience trends, client’s current and desired messaging, and merge those into a compelling narrative
– Translate strategic and tactical elements to the production team and work closely with writers and subject matter experts to execute vision across platforms including web, social media, print, email and video
– Manage the in-house content studio team including: recruiting, setting priorities, time management, employee development and performance evaluation & feedback
– Manage the external contributor network
– Consider the application of new technologies and new solutions in answer to creative briefs as introduced by the advertising team
– Manage all campaign costs within our client , parameters to ensure profitability of project
– Eight plus years of experience writing and strategically directing content, (with 1-2 years of experience in journalism or in a newsroom as a plus)
– Experience in crafting and conveying messages to the public for a brand in strategic communications or public affairs role
– Exceptional attention to detail, while still working under tight deadlines.
– Experience in managing a creative team
– Confidence in presenting to clients and working with suppliers
– Top-notch skills in handling multiple, complex, concurrent projects.
– Knowledge of AP Style & excellent writing skills
– The ability to pivot quickly and think on your feet within the evolution of a campaign
– Must be very comfortable dealing within an environment, and industry, that is rapidly changing
– Experience with design, copy writing and pitch materials preparation
– Experience in digital media
It is our client’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age or any other characteristic protected by local laws and regulations.
Additional Application Instructions
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send a cover letter, CV and writing samples. Please note that we will only consider complete applications (cover letter and CV in English).