HR Specialist Compensation&Benefits
Our partner is a based politics focused digital newspaper company looking for an experienced HR professional to join their team as HR Specialist, Compensation & Benefits to help spearhead their comp & ben efforts in Brussels and coordinate activities across Europe.
As a member of the HR department, this position will have a central role in the company. We are looking for a professional who is passionate about people, their well-being, and dedicated to contributing to a positive experience for our colleagues across Europe. The successful candidate will act as an ambassador for the company’s culture and values and enjoy working with strategic and operational tasks in our fast-growing environment.
What You’ll Do:
- Coordinate the full payroll cycle for our Brussels office with the support of our external providers and internal services
- Be the first point of contact for our employees for all social legislation questions
- Design benefits packages that make a difference
- Monitor the (job) market and employment trends in various countries to determine best practices for harmonizing and developing our employment offers across the organization
- Drive analyses and reports on the current comp & ben structure and recommend adjustments where needed
- Manage staff movements (arrivals, departures, lifestyle changing events, career interruptions, etc.) in terms of benefits and payroll
- Utilize our HRIS system to streamline processes and ensure data accuracy
- Manage specific visa and tax statuses for both new joiners and current employees
- Liaise with the HR and Finance teams across Europe and the US on topics related to compensation and benefits, as well as reporting
- Participate in HR projects with your teammates (learning & development, DEI, process improvement, reporting, HRIS, office life experience, etc.)
- Stay abreast of new legislation of impact for our employee community and propose changes/updates where relevant
What You’ll Need:
- Relevant experience in HR with a focus on payroll and/or benefits coordination, a payroll agency experience is a real plus
- A university degree in a relevant field
- Comfortable in an international work environment
- Will go the extra mile to help our new joiners, including assisting expats who move to Belgium to work with us
- Have excellent organizational, coordination and time management skills
- Fluent in English and either French or Dutch, with working proficiency in the other. Show excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Any other language is a plus!
- Flexible and positive mindset
- Can work efficiently in a fast-growing, ambitious and international environment
They value their people
Benefits package is built for you, and includes:
- Hybrid work: Whether you love company and enjoy collaborating with colleagues in person or want some time alone at home to get some deep work done.
- Work from abroad days: Fancy a workday from atop a mountain resort, or want to work from your parent’s dining room table around the holidays? They offer the opportunity to work from abroad for a limited period each year.
- Health and Wellness: Across the different cities where they have offices, they offer various initiatives that contribute to your well-being.
- Transportation: Say goodbye to traffic jams and hello to smooth commutes. They partially cover public transportation costs.
- Personal and Professional Growth: From dedicated training to regular career chats, with their GROW program, they put your professional development and growth first.
About the company
Our client is a global news and information company at the intersection of politics and policy. It is the essential online, mobile and print destination for the most influential people in the world. With publications based in Washington, D.C., New York, London, Paris, and Brussels.